Things to do in Chilliwack in the Fall
As the Summer comes to a close in the Fraser Valley and you pull on your sweaters, don’t forget to check out all the amazing things there are to do in Chilliwack. From beautiful outdoor hikes with friends to finding the perfect pumpkin with your family, Chilliwack is home to a huge variety of Fall Activities.
1. Jump into the Halloween Spirit by making a visit to Reapers. Opening Friday September 28th, Reapers is Chilliwack’s Haunted Attraction. This maze is not for the faint at heart (or children under 10 years old). Bravery is much needed and screaming is inevitable.
2. Pick out your own Pumpkin or get lost in a Corn Maze. This fall, handpick your pumpkin for carving at Petey’s Pumpkin Patch or at the Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm! Petey’s Pumpkin Patch has over 5000 square feet of indoor fun and a covered hay ride for kids of all ages! Get lost at the Chilliwack Corn Maze, featuring a 12 acre maze and tons of attractions.
3. Grab a Craft Beer or Local Glass of Wine. Local wineries such as Whispering Horse Winery and Ripples Estate Winery feature tasting and wines that use local grapes. Old Yale Brewing is Chilliwacks only Craft Brewery and has had great success including multiple awards. Lastly, if you’re looking to try something different, grab a ticket to the Fraser Valley Beer and Cider Festival on September 21st.
4. Go for a hike. Fall weather is the perfect temperature for hiking! Chilliwack is home to many beautiful hiking trails including Lindeman Lake, Cultus lake trails, Elk Mountain, Cheam Mountain, and Mt. Thom.
5. Support a local sports team. Chilliwack’s Junior A Hockey Club Team, the Chilliwack Chiefs, won the 2018 National Championship. Tickets start at only $30 with family packages available!
6. Stay out of the rain with a visit to Chilliwack’s Museum. Discover the History of Chilliwack at the Chilliwack Museum and Archives. Since its inception in 1958, the Museum and Archives have developed one of the largest and most important archival and object collections in the Fraser Valley. The Museum is housed in a historic building near Chilliwack’s downtown – the 1912 former City Hall – where you can view historic exhibits on the main floor and contemporary art shows on the second floor.
7. Enjoy a game of golf on the green. Fall is your last chance to hit the golf green before the snow of the winter season. The various golf courses include the Bridal Falls Golf Club, Cheam Mountain Golf Course, Chilliwack Golf Club, Cultus Lake Golf Club, and the Falls Golf Club.